Landing of goods from Cruise Ships
A few important points to take note of:
- One of Customs role is to facilitate trade, but at the same time, control the movement of goods and people across our borders.
- Customs appreciates the need of unsolicited donations to our remote communities.
- The Director of Customs has the discretion, under the law, to apply the laws of Customs and to approve duty exemptions.
- Most landing goods will therefore be accepted duty free.
- However Customs will deal with landing goods on a case by case basis; Customs reserves the right to reject goods to be landed, if they are prohibited, or levy duty if Customs believes that the goods are subject to duties.
- Finally, goods which are not listed on landing orders may not be accepted by Customs. Such goods may be seized and the passenger may be penalized.