Gaming license is administered under Gaming Control Act 172. In order for any individual, group or company to conduct gambling activities, a Gaming License must be obtained.
- There are two types of gaming licenses, that is, Private and Public club license.
Procedure in obtaining a Gaming License:
- Submit application and project proposal to the Minister of Finance (Click here to access application form)
- Minister of Finance in consultation with the Minister of Internal Affairs consider the application
- Application forwarded to Council of Ministers together with the recommendations
- If approved, the Minister of Finance grants license with the Terms and Conditions
If rejected, the Minister of Finance let the applicant knows of the decision made
- Both licenses are valid for one year, and the renewal fee is to be paid on or before the first day of the succeeding year.
Gaming License Fees:
- Public (profit) Club – VT 5,000,000
- Private (non profit) Club – VT 1,650,000
- A gaming licensee is also required under the gaming control act to lodge and pay gaming duty every month.
- Public Club – 30% of total gross profit
- Private Club – 7.5% of total gross profit
- Due Date: Returns are to be lodged on a monthly basis. It is to be lodged before or on the last working day of the following month.
- Penalty: 10% per month on tax payable