Corporate Services Section is one of the supporting sections of Customs and Inland Revenue (CIR).
The existence of such section is to ensure that CIR complies with procedures of Public Service Commission in dealing with staff needs and developments. It also ensures that efficient administration is achieved and that our corporate objectives are met.
Corporate Section consists of two main sections, the Executive and Human Resource Development, Training and staff development.
To efficiently manage the Department of Customs and Inland Revenue in accordance with the Law and that we are complying with Vanuatu Public Service and achieving the objectives of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management.
To provide all administrative and corporate support which is essential for an efficient administration and ensure that our corporate objectives are met and making us accountable to the people of Vanuatu.
This section consists of The Director of Customs and Inland Revenue, Deputy Director Enforcement and Services and Deputy Director Revenue and Tax Management. Administrative officers exist between the Executive and HRD Training and Staff development.
The activities that Executive section oversees.
- Monitor updates on Revenue targets
- Border management controls
- Offer effective and efficient service standard to Ministry of Finance and Economic Management, clients and staff
- Review organizational structure
- Control departmental expenditures
- Ensure proper policy
- Provide annual report to Ministry of Finance and Economic Management
- Ensure officers comply with Code of Ethics
- Prepare annual revenue budget estimates on time
- Control and maintain departmental assets
- Business plan activities submitted to Ministry
- Administer contribution, agreement and contract fees
- Identify areas needed for technical assistance
- Prepares Departmental policy papers
- Determines disciplinary measures.