(1) If a person requires the services of a Customs officer:
(a) outside the normal working hours of Customs; or
(b) at a Customs controlled area; or
(c) outside the normal offices or workplace of Customs, the person must pay to the Director an attendance fee set out in subclause (2) for the services of each officer so requested.
(2) The fee for the services of an officer is as follows:
(a) from 6:00am to 7:30am Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) - VT1000;
(b) from 4:30pm to 6:00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) – VT1000;
(c) from 6:00pm to 6:00am Monday to Friday - VT1500;
(d) on Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays - VT2000.
(3) For each hour or part of an hour during which the officer provides services requested under subclause (2), including travelling time, the minimum hour charged for each officer is 3 hours.
(4) A request for the services of a Customs officer under this regulation is to be set out in a form approved by the Director under section 3 of the Act.
Value added tax liability on fees
A fee charged for services or licenses provided for under this regulation, is inclusive of value added tax.
Fee for clearance at places other than appointed port or airport
(1) A person requesting the services of a Customs officer on a craft that lands or berths at a place that has not been declared under section 14 of the Act, is to pay:
(a) the relevant service fee for each officer as set out in subclause 2(2); and
(b) a clearance fee of VT5000.
(2) A person making a request under this clause is to meet:
(a) the cost of transporting the Customs officer to and from the relevant place; and
(b) meals and accommodation for the whole time in which the officer spends in providing the service.
Disclosure of Information fee
The fee for disclosing information or a class of information for any permissible purpose to a regional or international organisation under paragraph 9(1)(c) of the Act is VT1,000.